Snack offering : Chicken Licken love ( Love overlooks the wrong)

Today I entered Chicken Licken to order my lunch in one of their shops. Knowing their poor services, I went prepared with a book, 5 languages of love by Gary Chapman, to read while waiting. After a very long time, a sister came to sit next to me with her tray of food. As she opened the box, I realised that she had the some food as that which I ordered and she had just arrived later than me. She then realised that they gave her wrong order and we both went to the counter only to find out that it was my food that they gave her. A thought came to me later that neither me nor the sister where angry or rude towards the staff. We didn’t even complain, and the people who were on the queue didn’t seem to mind either. You could bet that no matter how bad Chicken Licken services could be (compared to their competitors), we will still and always would come to eat Chicken Licken. We are prepared to overlook any negativity or shortfalls, Why? Because we LOVE it!

Now, if we can do this for chicken, what about the people that we claim to love?

1Cor 13:5 (different translations)
(GNB) love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable; love does not keep a record of wrongs;

(ISV) And never is she (love) rude, Never does she think of self Or ever get annoyed. She never is resentful,

(ESV) or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

(KJV) Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;

I was not irritated or resentful or rude towards the Staff because of my love for the Chicken. If it were KFC, I would have screamed for the manager, why ? I do not love it! Personally, You could give me KFC, Nando’s or 5 Star chicken, I would never choose them over Chicken Licken and I can pay any amount for it. Why? Because I love it! Similarly, we surely can overlook the wrongs of our partners or beloveds because we can’t replace them with anyone. They are special to us even if the whole world may think that others out there are better, we don’t care because we love our beloveds!

1Cor 13:7 (ESV) Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

I have learnt from the marriage counsellor, Pastor Mike, that you must overlook the shortfalls of the person you love and think on their good. I thought love was complicated but Pastor Mike opened Rom. 5:5 and John 15:12 to show us that we have a capability to love.

If I could do it for Chicken Licken, surely I can do it for a person I love and so can you.

Romans 5:8 But God showed His great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.

Similarly, God overlooks our sins not because he is ok with them but because He loves us! Love overlooks the wrongs and sins of the beloved!

1 Peter 4:8 Most important of all, continue to show deep love for each other, for love covers a multitude of sins.

Romans 5:5 and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us.

John 15:12 My commandment is this: love one another, just as I love you.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address: