Baby On board


I have seen a couple of protective mothers’ cars with the stickers printed “baby on board” to alert other motorists to drive with caution for the safety of the innocent babies. The only problem is that these mothers are driving around the busy streets of Johannesburg, which I may not need to convince you that it is a city of gold and maybe, and that perhaps gold-diggers are too anxious for gold to care about babies. In fact, the stickers might be an invitation to some reckless driving from drivers who believe that the crib cart cut their commission of the gold by slowing and delaying them.

Similarly my friends, The enemy is too busy being rough to care for us and I have noticed that whenever God gives birth to something good in our lives, the enemy drives his vehicles rougher to destroy it while it is still a baby. The enemy looks around to find someone to kill (1 peter 5:8) and especially after the seed is sown ( Mat.13:19). He tried to kill baby Moses (Ex. 1-2) and Jesus (Mat.2:22) but their mothers protected them.

I have heard many teachings that Christianity is so safe that if we live right or follow the rules (law), we would have a trouble-free life. I don’t know about you but ever since Christ came to my life, there are more attacks. Lights attract bugs! The more you grow and glow in Christ, the more they show and snow, these bugs!

We do the right thing but still we get sick, get divorced, loose jobs, get mugged, die and get betrayed by people we love the most. God protect us for some attacks but sometimes He permit the enemy to attack us ( I don’t know about you but I am not Job, I don’t even need to be tested if I love the Lord for what He did (does) for me, but I confess now : I do love Him because of what He does . There I have confessed! Can I be left alone now? Sometimes I ask myself, “What is this Satahere anyway, shouldn’t he be in Heaven bugging God, what have we done to him?” ).

But for some reason that my mind cannot comprehend, although we don’t enjoy all our dailyn guy doing  sour food of attacks, somehow a thought of living without God is much scarier and we would rather stick to Him and take the pain as He wills. People in the world never understand us, they think we are crazy and stupid. I am afraid they might be right because only crazy people turn the other cheek when struck on the other one and Rom 5:3 ESV “More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,”

My Pastor Dr. T.S. Muligwe preached at Rhema about the famine which come to everyone anyhow but he quoted Psalm 37:19 “They (Christians) will not be disgraced in hard times; even in famine they will have more than enough.”

This is the gospel we grew up with, not some baby on board gospel that doesn’t strengthen us to grow leaving us as victims of satan. I have also noticed that some “baby on board” stickers remain attached to the mothers’ cars for years and some babies really look 30 to me, especially when they don’t smile and wave at everyone anymore. Seriously! these kids can roll windows and demand what music must be played and where the mothers must take them.

Poor pastors are pulling hard, caring old babies who don’t want to grow. They have been in church for years and now even want to control things and if they are not permitted, they roll on the ground like babies.

Some people want to remain babies forever but some of us seem not to have had the privilege to be babies long. I remember last year I was asked a question at a T.V. quiz show interview to guess who’s quote was “black man, you are on your own”. Of course the answer was Steve Biko but in my mind the right answer was my dad…. when I was 2 years old. Seriously! We get attacked from the time we come from our mothers’ wombs and only the Lord is our protector. We have been getting attacks till today but we are still here!

Guys, we just don’t like talking about it but we all get attacks all the time. Forget about the book of Proverbs, I can open my book of Problems: chapter 1 :1, where I am in my mother’s womb when my dad is kicking me. God bless my precious mother who could have aborted or thrown me into a bin like other homeless girls in the Jo’burg streets at night but she chose to raise an ugly dark baby who is half sick and half dead. They say I was so sick that I even lost breath for some seconds until my great grandmother picked me and threw me into the air to catch a breath. …..let me pause. We all got problems and attacks but our strength should come from going through the non-sense and coming out unhurt. David faced the giant knowing that the Lord allows evil to come across us but the Lord makes it possible to go through.

Now I rejoice during attacks because I now know to expect something great afterwards. Some months ago I got attacked left, right and centre from loosing finances, relationship, work issues, family, and even my car at the same time. Just when the extended warranty ended, my car breaks down just after I used all my savings to deposit a house. For the first time I skipped tithing but it got worse, so the following moth I tithed.

But somehow I had to be crazy to believe the voice of the Lord to continually call the insurance company even though they told me many times that my insurance doesn’t cover for any mechanical breakdown because I did not apply for it and I knew that. But because God is who He is, I called one day and they found me in their system. The dealer was surprised because they paid for the full amount of R20,000 when they usually pay only 5% like in the resent case the dealer worked with from the same insurance.

Tell you what, had the Lord kept protecting me each time when I cried like a baby, I wouldn’t be where I am. People who are not born-again would fall flat dead if they lived one day of my life (Prov.24:16); because I know that someone watches over us (Psalm1:6).

Weapons are fired not to destroy but to raise us. Problems help us grow to be like God. God has many problems, just look around the world but we don’t see Him running around trying to solve them. He is relaxed because He knows that the end is always good.

Heb 5:12 NLT “You have been believers so long now that you ought to be teaching others. Instead, you need someone to teach you again the basic things about God's word. You are like babies who need milk and cannot eat solid food.”

Heb 6:1 NLT “So let us stop going over the basic teachings about Christ again and again. Let us go on instead and become mature in our understanding. Surely we don't need to start again with the fundamental importance of repenting from evil deeds and placing our faith in God.”

Don’t preach to us that Jesus is coming to save us from problems, we are saved and we understand what SITTING in the right hand of the father means (Rom8:34) . We have been babies but through all the attacks, we got stronger in Christ. We are now soldiers promised the evil days (Eph.6:13) and Valleys of shadows of death (Psalm 23:4), and even our Jesus said Mat 10:16 "Look, I am sending you out as sheep among wolves.” and we stand in :-

Psalm 46:1-5 NLT “… God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. (2) So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. (3) Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge! Interlude (4) A river brings joy to the city of our God, the sacred home of the Most High. (5) God dwells in that city; it cannot be destroyed. From the very break of day, God will protect it.”

Rom 8:28 “And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.”

Rom 5:2-3 “Through him we have also obtained access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and we rejoice in hope of the glory of God. (3) More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that suffering produces endurance,”

Pastor Bill Wilson preached at Rhema from Judges 20:16 AMP “Among all these were 700 chosen left-handed men; every one could sling stones at a hair and not miss.”

Pastor Bill discovered, through his research, that these men were once right handed but were wounded and crippled from battles but decided to be the best in their worst conditions.

For how long will you wait to be healed or be perfect as if the enemy also wait. The Word says you are healed (1 Peter 2:24), perfect and righteous (Heb. 12:23) through Christ!

The enemy is not scared of smooth skin babies but you who bare scars that remind him that you are wounded and remind him of the wounded One with scars but now on the throne. If you were weak you. If you were weak, you would have broken into pieces like Humpty Dumpty but you were harmed, dumped but still armed! If God be for us, who can be against us?!

Thanks for your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address: