Back to Schoolmaster Pt.1

It's back to school and work time that most normal people don’t prefer over the festive holidays. Some people performed well last year and are promoted, and some are still enthusiastic first-timers.

I was at church in Limpopo when some of the 2010-matric best-performed learners were honored. Among there were a brother and a sister who earned 6/7 and 7/7 distinctions including 100% in Math and science. Everybody loved them including me, who blessed one of them, and I bet you that their Schoolmasters (principals) and teachers feel proudly the same. Nobody honors the learners who failed and I bet you that some Schoolmasters taunt them. I am happy that God doesn’t conduct himself like schoolmasters because God loves and honors even those who failed in works but have right hearts.

Galatians 3:24-26 KJV Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. (25) But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster. (26) For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

When I performed well in high school, my Schoolmaster loved me and he chose me to lead at school... but from grade 10, I got suspended 11 times and expelled from school because I was " a hooligan", described the school master addressing parents in one of the best-selling circulars about me. That’s the law for you!

Religious law people love you only if they don’t see you drink, or when you attend all church services, pray in tongues and speak in parables using King James English but they would reject you if you get a child outside of marriage or if you commit any of the sins that are seen by human eyes. Some people who were saved by grace now feel holier than thou and have no mercy on the weak/new Christians who are still limping (behavior of the wicked man in Mat. 18:23-35). The fun is over and we are back to the Schoolmaster!

After being suspended by the schoolmaster in one of my unfortunate days, I decided to act sick in bed on the following day. My grandmother, whom I stayed with, was extremely hospitable to me like mother Teresa of Calcutta. That morning, my mother coincidently came around for a visit and I heard her curiously asking grandma outside, " Where is that one?" ( at that point I released my breath with a little hope that she could be referring to someone whose name she doesn’t know), But then Teresa of Rambunda responded, " Oh ho, that child of yours is sleeping and claiming that he is sick…". " He must have been suspended!", intervened the hooligan's mother with an accurate prophesy. “ He is definitely suspended! ” undoubtedly agreed my loving grandma. They went on with their usual " I don’t know what to do with him, Lord Jesus help us, why Lord?..." and later they visited the schoolmaster to further criticize me.

Like my grandmother, God doesn’t like it when we sin but regardless of our wrong, He still accepts and takes care of us.

Romans 5:8 GNB But God has shown us how much he loves us---it was while we were still sinners that Christ died for us!

It is the relationship we have with grandma that makes her prepare me some breakfast in bed when I have done the wrong that gets her mocked by outsiders. The Schoolmaster doesn’t give a rat about me, if I break the law, I must be punished: finish and klaar!

If my grandma and mother did not throw me away like the schoolmaster did, how can God condemn us, His children, to hell when we do wrong? Are we more loving than God?

Matthew 7:11 ESV If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

Let me make it clear that God doesn’t condone sin and neither do I. I will emphasize this point in this introductory offering so that others don’t stumble on the next ones may. God hates sin and out of love, He disciplines His children to help them.

2 Samuel 7:14-15 ESV I will be to him a father, and he shall be to me a son. When he commits iniquity, I will discipline him with the rod of men, with the stripes of the sons of men, (15) but my steadfast love will not depart from him, …

Proverbs 3:11-12 GNB My child, when the LORD corrects you, pay close attention and take it as a warning. (12) The LORD corrects those he loves, as parents correct a child of whom they are proud.
Judas’ love of money and related sins have been there for a while but God did not punish him.

John 12:4-6 GNB One of Jesus' disciples, Judas Iscariot---the one who was going to betray him---said, (5) "Why wasn't this perfume sold for three hundred silver coins and the money given to the poor?" (6) He said this, not because he cared about the poor, but because he was a thief. He carried the money bag and would help himself from it.
People who sinned condemn and kill themselves not God

Matthew 27:4-5 GNB "I have sinned by betraying an innocent man to death!" he said. "What do we care about that?" they answered. "That is your business!" (5) Judas threw the coins down in the Temple and left; then he went off and hanged himself.

God doesn’t condemn but let those who sinned know when they are wrong, to help them turn from evil into righteousness.

Matthew 26:23 GNB Jesus answered, "One who dips his bread in the dish with me will betray me.

Matthew 26:25 GNB Judas, the traitor, spoke up. "Surely, Teacher, you don't mean me?" he asked. Jesus answered, "So you say."

So please, let us stop killing ourselves by going back to the Schoolmaster, let’s rather repentantly run to the gracious Jesus, who will definitely forgive us and help us stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address: