Back to Schoolmaster pt. 2: Meet me where I'm at

I never dreamt that I would steal food from Spar supermarket due to hunger as I did some years ago. I knew the law that we must not steal since grade school but I can only explain why I stole to someone who would understand what I was going through or if they were there.


I was at my rock bottom with nobody willing to be associated with a disgraceful sinner who had an opportunity of being raised in church. I suffered rejection from all people except the Lord who visited and blessed me at my state. I don’t forget the day I was drunk, high and coming from committing wicked acts with wicked people. I was afraid and confused by God’s visit because I had been taught that God doesn’t speak to sinners. I could feel the presence of the Lord walking with me since that day and even though I continued to stumble, He never stopped blessing me. He blessed me, promised more blessings, some of which already came to pass. It’s all because God met me where I was with grace instead of bombarding me with the law.

Ephesians 2:15 GNB He abolished the Jewish Law with its commandments and rules, in order to create out of the two races one new people in union with himself, in this way making peace.

If the Lord hadn’t abolished the law, I wouldn’t be here today and living for Him. I am saved by grace and I wont to back to this deadly abolished Schoolmaster?

Romans 8:2 GNB For the law of the Spirit, which brings us life in union with Christ Jesus, has set me free from the law of sin and death.

Grace/love is fruitful, the law brings death

The women who committed adultery should have been stoned to death according to the law.

John 8:4-5 ESV they said to him, "Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. (5) Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?"

But Jesus (love) doesn’t condemn a sinner

John 8:11 ISV She said, "No one, sir." Then Jesus said, "I don't condemn you either. Go home, and from now on do not sin any more."

Love turns a sinner into a productive human being. Jesus turned an adulterous Samaritan into an evangelist (brought people to Christ).

John 4:18 ISV For you have had five husbands, and the man you have now is not your husband. What you have said is true."

John 4:28-30 ISV Then the woman left her water jar and went back to town. She told the people, (29) "Come and see a man who told me everything I've ever done! Could he possibly be the Christ?" (30) The people left the town and started on their way to him.

The offerings, is one of the results from God meeting me where I was instead of judging me from Heaven! As a result, I have seen many people from different cultures, religions and backgrounds coming to Christ when I love them and understand where they are just as God did to me without preaching.

John 4:17 ISV The woman answered him, "I don't have a husband." Jesus said to her, "You are quite right in saying, 'I don't have a husband.'

It was easier for the woman to be vulnerable and to open up her faults Jesus/love. The oppressive law makes us hold back (in fear of condemnation) or to be rebelious and more sinful like the Israelites in the Old testament.

Meet me where I’m at!

John 4:6 shows us that Jesus went to the well and sat until the woman came. Jesus had a long conversation that showed interest in the woman’s life. The chosen Jews wouldn’t even talk to a sinner like her.

John 4:9 ISV The Samaritan woman said to him, "How can you, a Jew, ask for a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" For Jews do not have anything to do with Samaritans.

No one should judge me when they don’t know me or are not willing to be patient with me and if their motive behind their " help" is not for my well-being. They must meet me where I am at! Jesus never sat in Heaven as God to judge us but instead He became one of us so understand and help us.

Hebrews 4:14-15 GNB …. For we have a great High Priest who has gone into the very presence of God---Jesus, the Son of God. (15) Our High Priest is not one who cannot feel sympathy for our weaknesses. On the contrary, we have a High Priest who was tempted in every way that we are, but did not sin.

When we are battling in life, Jesus doesn’t stand far and motionless like a British guard or a Pharisee who …

Matthew 23:4 GNB They tie onto people's backs loads that are heavy and hard to carry, yet they aren't willing even to lift a finger to help them carry those loads.

There’s no love in the law!

1 John 3:17 GNB If we are rich and see others in need, yet close our hearts against them, how can we claim that we love God?

I love my church in Rhema because it is structured around loving and helping people without prejudice or judgment.

Both the women above knew adultery is wrong but preaching the law to them in their singleness didn’t' t help…. Jesus met them where they were!

Preaching “do not commit fornication/adultery” to single women in church wouldn’t help! How come women conferences in Gauteng invite married speakers whose messages only revolve around marriage and men meanwhile majority of the congregation are single. God forbido! “Excuse me, hello! Mrs. Pastor” Eish! how do I get her attention? “Hi, Hallelujah?!” that worked! “ Excuse me, woman of God, I don’t mean to be disrespectful or interruptive to your great program. I know that you don’t know me but I am a single woman… I’ve resisted and endured deceptive men who tried to sleep with… ok, look, I am 33 yrs old and in 2 years time my fertile eggs … I heard menopause…basically your “do not fornicate!” message is good, hallelujah!, but it’s kind of not helping my insecurities and feeling of rejection right now! I know you went to Bible school and are married to Dr. prophet Bishoper but I was wondering if you could create a love environment that could notice us, single women, and not to make us feel like there is something wrong with us if we are not married? We get enough of that from the whole world already! We are single not blind, we can see that there are fewer men than women and some of us may not get married, so the least you could do with the offering funds would be to invite Oprah to motivate us that we do not need a husband to be successful, happy or Christian… we don’t mind being prepared but we must wait being happy even if Mr. Right doesn’t come. But your messages which are implying that being single with no children is a sin and also fornication is a sin, are not Ayoba right now girlfriend… help us be single and not fornicate, chomee please my skat. Tell us how! Thank you. How do I look in this dress? Do I look approachable to the brothers or I look too much of a professional, should I leave the car at home and come to church with a taxi? ……”

The law just doesn’t care where you are but the grace/ love helps you live right. Let us not take people back to the prejudicial Schoolmaster to oppress the freedom that Christ desires to give them.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address: