IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU! pt. 1

When an unfaithful man ask a woman out, he makes it be like it is all about her. He TELLS her how much he loves her, what he would do for her and how he cant live or spend a second without her next to him but after She falls into it, he is hardly ever home or doing anything for her. We use these things to attract people but never tell them the truth. Religion does the same thing, they advertise and give you an impression that when you get saved, you gonna have a perfect life of your dreams. God is not like that.


I was working on the ‘TRIALS AND TEMPTATIONS’ offering but somehow this offering came out. This happens all the times. There are many offerings not yet sent because they become too long and many other offerings come out of them.


When we are baby Christians, we are led to believe that God saved us to make us rich or give us nice houses or partners we desire or a job e.t.c. As a result some pray fast and be faithful for life e.t.c. and they never get those things, infact evil people end up getting them and some people turn to blame witchcraft or the devil and start looking for deliverance. WHY? The truth is that IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU. EVEN EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU ABOUT YOU IS NOT ABOUT YOU. Your birth, life, abilities e.t.c. are not about you. SALVATION IS NOT ABOUT YOU. *you may now exit the church building and go where the truth is not taught and nobody grows*. Guys, This is offering is biltong (hard meat) not Nestum (babyfood) !

Matthew 6:7-11 GNB "When you pray, do not use a lot of meaningless words, as the pagans do, who think that their gods will hear them because their prayers are long. 8 Do not be like them. YOUR FATHER ALREADY KNOWS WHAT YOU NEED before you ask him. 9 This, then, is how you should pray: 'Our Father in heaven: May your holy name be honored; 10 MAY YOUR KINGDOM COME; MAY YOUR WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN. 11 GIVE US TODAY THE FOOD WE NEED.


In verse 7-8 I see the Lord is trying to help us to cut the nonsense so that we don’t end up praying for things that we will not get. It’s not what you say that gets God to give you what you need. HE KNOWS YOUR NEEDS BECAUSE THEY ARE IN HIS LIST OF THE NEEDS TO FULFILL HIS PLAN.


It is clear that before you ask what you need (verse 11) you first seek the kingdom (verse 9-10). Complementary of Matthew 6:33 GNB Instead, be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God and with what he requires of you, and he will provide you with all these other things.


Not us though… we want all these other things… hey!



Verse 9-10. is the introduction of your prayer. An introduction can tell you what the whole thing is all about. You can gain interest or loose interest on the whole thing based on the introduction. The Lord shows us that our prayers or whatever we want to request from God MUST BE INTRODUCED AS SOMETHING TO HONOR GOD AND MUST BE ABOUT HIS KINGDOM OR WILL.



I would really love to tell you that you can ask God anything and He will give you, (so that you may continue reading the offerings) but… hey, it’s not about me ( I am a victim too, you know… lol!).

If you study Jesus, the perfect example of how we must live, you will see that EVERYTHING He did or say was not about Him but the Father. Nobody knows the father more than Jesus and if He lived like that, who are you to think you can get away with your own ways? Jesus taught a very long sermon about the kingdom in Mark 4 , actually the first thing Jesus preached about in the gospel of Mark 1:15 GNB "The right time has come," he said, "and THE KINGDOM OF GOD is near! …” Guys, we can preach whatever we want, to gain membership or to advertise Christianity religion but the fact would remain that it is not all about us, it has never been, it will never be, it was never initiated by us and neither can we make it work or run it, it is all about the kingdom (God). On the next offering I will start in Genesis but we have to stop this madness of chasing things instead of the will of God.



Besides, Is God evil that when you need bread, he gives you a brick or tiles? As ambassadors of the richest kingdom, isn’t it obvious that He would give all these things? Hallo?! Why then run after these things? Entlik, WHICH EMPLOYER WOULD GIVE AN INCREASE OR BENEFITS TO A REQUESTING EMPLOYEE WHO SHOWS NO INTEREST IN THE WORK? WHEN YOU GO FOR AN INTERVIEW WITH AN EMPLOYER, THE AGENTS WOULD ADVICE YOU NEVER TO SHOW THAT YOU ARE ALL ABOUT THE BENEFITS, YOU MUST SHOW ENTHUSIASM FOR THE WORK AND THE VALUE YOU WOULD BRING TO THE EMPLOYER. YOU ACTUALLY FIRST, RESEARCH ON THEIR COMPANY (MISSION, OBJECTIVES, GOALS, CULTURE E.T.C.). WHY? BECAUSE IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!.... NOW YOU CAN CHOOSE TO GO BACK TO YOUR MISSION TO PRAY FOR A GOOD HUSBAND AND A BIG HOUSE OR PROSPERITY E.T.C OR YOU CAN TAKE INTEREST IN FINDING OUT ABOUT THE KINGDOM (MISSION, OBJECTIVES, GOALS, CULTURE E.T.C.). YOU HAVE THE BIBLE TO RESEARCH ON, MY FRIEND.


I am writing about desires in the ‘trials and temptations’ offering. GOD DOES NOT GIVE YOU ‘YOUR’ DESIRES, HE GIVES YOU ‘DESIRES’ TO DESIRE SO YOU CAN ASK AND HE WILL GIVE YOU. THOSE DESIRES ARE HIS. Therefore if God gives you a lot of money, nice house, job, partner e.t.c. it is for His kingdom or desire. That’s why if He gives you stuff and you are not fruitful, He cuts you. That’s why I feel sorry for haters who hate you when you are successful or fulfilling your purpose. They don’t really know who they are hating. When Saul was persecuting the Christians …. Acts 9:4 NLT He fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul! Saul! Why are you persecuting Me?"hhhmmm… Clap an ambassador and you will see Who takes it personal!


I have seen God do things through me which had nothing to do with me or my ability.


I’ve started organisations of my interest before but they died as soon as I left. In 2008, the Lord told me to start the daily prayer meeting at client’s premises where I had a project. It did not make sense, so I procrastinated but He kept coming and I was trying to show Him that I am not a pastor or someone who knows, besides I don’t get along with their Boss (client), I know two people who are Christians but from they are from complete different denominations (ZCC) and I am from Charismatic ( IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT US!) , who would believe me with my dreadlocks, I murmur when I pray , I’m there for a period of time, everything I have started before failed e.t.c. LITTLE DID I KNOW THAT IT IS NOT ALL ABOUT ME. 2009 I gathered courage and started the ‘foolish’ thing. End of 2009 the project was complete, so I could no longer be with them but I trained leaders. Recently, I went to visit them and I saw many new faces. Yesterday I got a report that they are bringing more and more people with the program that they started. MOST IMPORTANTLY, IS THEIR UNITY AND SPIRITUAL GROWTH WHEN THEY SHARE THE WORD. GOD HAS BROUGHT HIS MINISTERS TO SUPPORT US AND PEOPLE GOT BORN AGAIN. All I had to do was to initiate (take a step) and He did the rest.


Guys, stop thinking that God needs you (your intelligence, ability). God had planned everything before the earth existed and is running everything. He is in charge.


Psalms 37:25 NLT Once I was young, and now I am old. Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread.

God is good, He would never withhold good stuff from you; just don’t run after these things because they are deceitful. Anything without God leads to pain, destruction and death. Everything with God is good and leads to life.


God bless you, my lords.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address: