Hide and Seek love games with God Pt. 2

The current 67 % divorce rate confused and shocked me when I heard it and after finding out that there are 30 763 divorces and 171 989 marriages registered in 2009, I was concerned. A thought lead me to identify the word “registered” which later resulted in thinking that it may not be that the divorce rate was low in previous generations (as many would speculate) but the divorces were just not “registered”. In the past, women were oppressed and forced to stay in marriages but now women can afford to live without dependency on men. The previous cultures demoted divorce but now people are liberal. Could it be that many couples cohabitated due to culture of the time but without intimacy or romance or love or any activity that normal married people engage in? Is it still marriage without love and romance? If it’s not, what makes us think that we can just get saved and stay with God (in church) without communication, intimacy or any love activity?

Bishop T.D Jakes inspired me by his sermon, “seeking God”, when he opened the following scriptures:-

Song of Solomon KJV 2:8-10 The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills. (9) My beloved is like a roe or a young hart: behold, he standeth behind our wall, he looketh forth at the windows, shewing himself through the lattice. (10) My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Song of Solomon 3:1-4 KJV By night on my bed I sought him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. (2) I will rise now, and go about the city in the streets, and in the broad ways I will seek him whom my soul loveth: I sought him, but I found him not. (3) The watchmen that go about the city found me: to whom I said, Saw ye him whom my soul loveth? (4) It was but a little that I passed from them, but I found him whom my soul loveth: I held him, and would not let him go, until I had brought him into my mother's house, and into the chamber of her that conceived me.

Bishop highlighted that after the man pulled all those stunts for his lover, he disappeared (hide) and the lady, in chapter 3, had to seek him. Can you imagine how I felt after hearing this? Hallelujah!

Practically, that’s how I have been relating to God. God is not some boss or tyrant king that relate with us in biblical laws and  plays Bite and Beat or strike and Hit with me, no! God is my lover that I play hide and seek games with. Last week, I was devastated by individuals whom God has brought to me to partner in a ministrial project that was due in June but we haven’t even started and they are not as committed as I am. So, I confronted God with frustrations saying “You chose these guys, not me! Why didn’t You just let me choose my team as usual ? Anyway, while they are still contemplating, I am going to buy smokes, and think of other exciting things to be enjoying my life with while waiting for Your team!..”. Of course, I didn’t want to backslide, I just wanted to see if God values me. It doesn’t matter if He wrote it in the Bible, I want to see practicals. I wanted to see what He is willing to do to show His love for me (preferably chasing me, which He did). God spoke to me and after two conversations; He presented me a gift that I could have never dreamt of. I’m still so emotional about it!

Like I said before, I do not relate to God through the church or what I hear or through Christian religion or believes, I have a love relationship with God. He chased me by loving me unconditionaly when I continually sinned then, after salvation, He hid and then I seeked Him and I am blessed.

Two weeks back, a friend asked me why do I seem to be so blessed with many testimonies, what is it that I do to access what others don’t seem to. An answer came from within saying “seek God with your all!”. I often pray to God to increase my hunger for Him because I have learnt that there is everything to live for in chasing God.

David, a man who experienced it all, advised Solomon :

1 Chronicles 22:19 Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; arise therefore, and build ye the sanctuary of the LORD God, to bring the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and the holy vessels of God, into the house that is to be built to the name of the LORD.

Hebrews 11:6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to Him must believe that God exists and that He rewards those who sincerely seek Him.

A worried sister shared with me once after her church sevice saying that she feels condemned by the laws of the church because she is staying with a man (and  their son)  but they are not married. I found out their parents met, blessed and accepted their relationship, then I asked her why she says she is not married. She then replied “because I did not have a white wedding”. This troubled me that I am working on some offering concerning “when is a person said to be married according to God?” with questions like “what does a white wedding (western traditions) got to do with God or biblical ways?” and “why on earth do black people do two weddings (that they can’t even afford) ?”

The humbling thing about the sister is that she leaves her baby at home, takes two public transports and walk for about 5 km to church every Sunday to serve as an usher. I would rather have someone like this sister with a God-seeking heart  than sisters who had white weddings but just sitting their behinds and don’t know God .
Passive people don’t make mistakes... they are just boring and useless.In Luke 15, the prodigal son’s father runs with joy and throws a big party for a rebellious son who messed up but never for the "good" son.  Sometimes I believe that God would rather have real, alive children with emotions that mess up than to have some gloomy children who dont get into trouble!

Isaiah 29:13 And so the Lord says, "These people say they are Mine. They honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me. And their worship of Me is nothing but man-made rules learned by rote.

What makes us think God prefers good works over real and alive relationships? Haven’t you wondered why some women would stick to a thug instead of “a good man”? Sometimes I believe the thug is intimately active than an unromantic good guy.

What makes us think God doesn’t want romance in our love relationship? How would you feel if your wife is with you only because you are safe (wont dump her or have a professional job) but she actually doesn’t desire (feel) you… in fact she tolerates you! I suspect that it was the case with some sustained marriages (especially arranged ones) in the past where people cohabited but separated (emotionaly) = which spells divorce to me.

So, children of my father, you gotta enjoy your love relationship with God. The way to do this is to chase after Him instead of using your pastors as mediators. Ask God to fill you with hunger for Him. Ask the Holy Spirit to give you understanding as you read and study scriptures, buy tapes, books, attending conferences and I strongly recommend Bible studies. Soon you would be out of the lost majority flock and would be enlightened, fulfilled and blessed. Salvation was God chasing you and finding you, now it’s your turn to chase Him! God bless you and thank you for your prayers.

Mark 12:30 And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.'

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address: