Episode 7 : Love, sex and judgement 3

“So how is the married life and your Husband?” Themba asked Khanyi with his eyes turning with the tray of racks and chips until the waitress laid it on their table. “Married life is difficult but we have been coping. My Husband is ok, had a vasectomy, doing well in business, he started changing after two years of marriage, it’s normal, ya and he’s been away for a month in Japan. So it’s been a pretty boring life lately.”

“But you got a lot of friends and places to go. U-boreka kanjani?”

“You have no idea Handsome. Nobody calls me or visit me. My own family and old friends have never stepped into my house. When I started getting successful, all my people started withdrawing from me. I mean , even my best friend, Lerato, remember Lerato? That chick joined the club with everyone who say I think I’m all that and I undermine them. When people don’t love themselves, they want you to hate yourself so they can feel good about themselves. It’s not gonna happen with this chick here ha-aah! They can take a hike, I don’t care about them. God will look out for me. Not friends Themba really! They don’t even come to my birthday party when I invite them but they go around saying I only hang with the blingers and money bringers. I don’t even like these people that surround me Themba!? They are not real people, all they are animals and sometimes I can’t take it but have nowhere to go and no one to talk to.”

“Sorry, askies. You have a difficult life and no one can see it”. Themba comforts.

“Exactly Themba, and I could be having a bad day and people would still expect me to smile and sign autographs when I am at a shop to buy grandpa, Themba. And if I don’t, I would be on the front papers. You know what? I don’t give a rat anymore! Otherwise I wouldn’t be sitting here with you”. Khanyi start pulling the chips with her finger tips and digging them in the side 1000 Islands sauce. Themba watched her eating mechanism until she finished without having touched the food with her claws, I mean nails.

“I love this sauce joh! It reminds me of our good old days” Khanyi changes the topic to cool herself down and not to get Themba anymore suspicious or horrified than he already looked; in case he’s suspects her temperate speech as one of the drug effects.

“It’s nice” Themba’s Adam’s apple rise and fall even though he didn’t throw anything into the mouth prior the swallowing. “Arent you supposed to be eating fruits and vegies, you know?! So you don’t get …unfit, just to maintain… for the work!”

“Darling, don’t be fooled! All these who girls act like they eat veggies, they love and consume buckets of meat at home” Khanyi enlighten Themba, then raise her shoulders and lips up saying “This rack is only… what? 104 g of fat? but I get 161 g of protein. It’s only about 8000 kilojoules… well, it’s more if we add 1057 kilojoules of the Ice Cream but hey, I need energy heh!? Besides you know that these women can starve themselves and run around in gyms but they can never have this!” She slaps her hips and lifts her breasts a bit. Themba’s energy calculation struggle immediately cut out and he was bedazzled.

“ Shakira can shake herself all day long but would envy these goodies. This right here is ‘mama’ certified! Aint nobody else got it baby!” Khanyi waved her arm but Themba did not even see it or hear the sound of her snapping fingers. He was so focused as if she just switched on the TV for him to discover His favourite team, Chiefs, about to score a catching up goal against the undefeated toughest team on the league, Orlando Pirates # Leave me alone, I’m the one writing here. So God bless the Bucs. lol#

“would you like some milkshake or …”

“Huh?”

“For desert, milkshake or Ice cream?”

“Milkshake! No! Ice cream, Ice cream!” Themba answered as if he had two conflicting personalities like that “precious”-screaming character in the Lord of the Rings. Themba immediately diverted his sight to the TV Screen above and behind Mrs Branson so that he avoid seeing the precious. The Sopie, Generations, was playing but Themba didn’t even notice that the Baby which the character, Sharon, was giving birth to, was born with a full grown big Afro hairstyle. Usually Themba would comment on such but he was just looking, not watching the TV because his eyes are deliberately taking time to process the precious images seen earlier. His personalities were still wrestling for his will inside meanwhile Themba tries to control his thoughts not to entertain lusts. He tried to think of scriptures to slain the thoughts with but he could not even remember if it was Moses or Timothy who escaped Jezebel from Portifa’s house in the Book of David or something. But soon he would see Sharon holding the baby on TV and then say “So, are you giving birth or what? You have children already or soon, or what? What are you doing? Expecting? Experiencing... planning? ” poor Themba asked, trying his best to sound sound-minded. He clearly was becoming more unsound as he tried and he clearly did not even know what vasectomy that Khanyi mentioned earlier was. # As if I knew before opening the encyclopaedia#

“No, I’m still focusing on my career for now and at least Doug has Children from the first and second marriage. So he’s not worried either. We have been married for only two years, it’s still early”

Themba notice that it is a sensitive question so he shifts to “I’m  trying to get my life sorted first before even thinking of marriage. I have my two sisters that I am taking care of along with my father who stopped working… suddenly! My cousins and uncles are also struggling, so everyone thinks that when you come back from Jozi, I have a bag of gold. I cant even imagine how I would manage to afford lobola of R20,000 when I earn peanuts. But God is good. I am still praying about the record deal with CCP.

“record deal?”

“yeah, they called me for a deal, some months after I lost on the Coca Cola Pop Stars top ten finals. I’m just not sure if I am ready for all that life. I just enjoy worshiping God at the love level of music not selling it for gain.”

“wow. Oh my word! Don’t be silly. You were on the top ten. Oh my word, you are good Themba. Don’t waste your opportunities. Maybe God is giving you this so that you can help your family and even the world.”

“I know but somehow it doesn’t sound right to accept money for it and I wouldn’t want to end up.. you know…”

“what? Like us? on drugs? Themba, I am here because I trust you and I believe that you are a good man but you hurt me when you think such evil about me. You know me better than that Themba. I know what I have done to you was wrong and I have been afraid to meet you and apologize. I did not leave you because I stopped loving you, I was young, foolish and under pressure. I couldn’t erase you from my mind even after years. I know that you have somebody now that you want to pay lobola for and I am happy for you. I wish you the best and for God to bless you because you are one of the finest brothers we have. I wouldn’t want you to marry a wrong girl. You deserve the best, Themba. Really, you must find the best before you get married. I’m not saying your woman is not the best though, I just don’t want you to marry a wrong one.”

At this time one hour was over and the purple curvy thingies were complaining. So Khanyi stood up to go get the desert and Themba stood up to go to the bathroom just to make a U-turn and come back. They met on their way back but after having taken a look at the tired curvy things, they decided to take the punishment to the X5 seats. As they walked out, Celling Dion was back again singing:
When I was young/I never needed anyone/And making love was just for fun/Those days are gone/Livin' alone/I think of all the friends I've known/When I dial the telephone/Nobody's home

All by myseeelf/Don't wanna be/All by myself/Anymore

Hard to be sure/Sometimes I feel so insecure/And loves so distant and obscure/Remains the cure
All by mysehehelf/Don't wanna be/All by myseelf/Anymore/All by myself/Don't wanna live/All by myself/Anymore

They got  into the X5 and soon they were parked outsideThemba’s flat in the dark around 8:45pm. With the hind-horse like legs, Khanyi cat-walked inside the tight black-shiny pens towards the front passenger side, outside the car where Themba stood. “Thank you for everything darling, how I wish we could prolong the night but heh”, Khanyi says as she opens her arms to hug him  “I guess I gotta just love you and …. leave you”, she continues with a sad tone while squeezing Themba tightly. His body temperature rise along with all the hair in his body, feeling some sort of sensation that arose from the chest moving upwards. All his muscles on the sides and edges of his arms and body were heavy and sore meanwhile everything in the inside were like getting pulled by a pleasurable magnet to hold her closer. He did not know what to do with anything. They remained silent as their underarms start dropping tears, their hearts pumping sweat while their heart beats and breaths compete like slow motion horse racing hoofs and breaths sounds. Themba tries to analyse her last statement meanwhile trying to avoid any further skin to skin contact apart from with their necks and arms. He finally had strength to pull back but on its way back to its own body, his nose is pulled back by the fragrance on her chick, her breath speaks in tongues at his left ear. Their mouths dry and wishing to find any nearby well to quench but the fear of the unknown cripples their jaws. “I think I got to go”, Khanyi whispers but remained crippled for 4 seconds until she could move her body away gently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address: