The Lost Sheep Vs The Lost Son

Over the weekend I was meditating on the Luke 15 thinking, “If the parable of the prodigal son and the lost sheep represent the love (heart) of God for the lost, why the father of the prodigal son never went out to search for him but the Shepard went all out to look for the lost sheep ?”

I received the following answers :-

  •  In Genesis 3 after Adam fell (sinned), God came looking for him but could not find him because Adam was hiding. THEREFORE, if the sheep hide from the Shepard, it won’t be found.
  • God has given us free will and as a gentleman, He is not gonna force Himself to anyone who is not willing to receive Him.
I learnt this year from Rhema Bible Studies that the reason Jesus spoke in parables it was that Only those who are willing to know would make an effort to come to Him to ask what the parables mean. Pharisees would not know because they are not willing to know. God loves the Pharisees but 2 Chronicles 7:14 NLT Then if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land.

Many people wanna be married or stay in a healthy relationship but they are not willing to commit or put an effort to allow God to make it work.

Some are called with higher calling and some have big dreams but they don’t wake up (they stay in bed = laziness).

Over the years I have heard people emailing and calling me asking desperately for offerings. Some tell me they always wait desperately for the next offering. I have heard testimonies from deliverance to salvation from reading the offerings BUT for my surprise, I met a sister who told me that she always delete the offerings when she sees them, she ask me where do I get them or time to write this long things and if I think anyone read these things. I could not understand because she comes from a very spiritually blessed family. Because I love this sister (and it is true that the offerings are long), the following week I the Lord came with the snack offerings concept to be less spiritual, more down to earth but still bring the same spiritual truth in the message (this costed me a lot) and I pray for the sister to be encouraged to love the Word. However, like God, I can only sacrifice myself but not her (by forcing her desire to do it even if I love her.

Similarly, In both of parables in Luke, the heart of God is demonstrated to be loving, worried, and willing to risk His position and possessions to love the lost loved one. Many people are in Church but they still carry burdens and hide from God, there is some area they never allow God into. It is not Satan or sin but the bigger enemy, THEMSELVES, who protect this area but this area is destroying them and I don’t blame them for protecting it because this world is mean and evil, and if you have been abused over and over, you have the reason to protect yourself but let Him, who is not man, carry your burdens.

Matthew 11:28 NLT Then Jesus said, "Come to Me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.

Trust Him because Jeremiah 29:11 NLT For I know the plans I have for you," says the LORD. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

Matthew 6:26 NLT Look at the birds. They don't plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren't you far more valuable to Him than they are?

God is good and the one to trust with your life. God goes an extra mile to reach people e.g. I know that He does not give up on you, He keeps creating environments for you to come to Him but you have been hiding. Some think they must first be good (even though no man is). If good people exist, I am the worst sinner of all but I will not let the past mistakes or sins or my imperfection stop me from receiving the grace (unmerited favour) of God and salvation. We have been taught wrong, God knows that we are incapable of been good. Only through Him and after a period of time, can we start hating evil and changing. All it takes is to confess even by yourself that “I am a sinner, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Lord and He has died on the cross to take away my sins and to save me”. After this you are saved and you must go to a Bible-based church to grow in faith. God would use some loving people to help you grow there. It’s that easy! No procedures and requirements!

Romans 10:9 NLT If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.

Some are backslidden or made big mistakes and condemned by whoever but Jesus is the same yesterday today and tomorrow, if He did not judge the woman caught in adultery, what about those who are His own. Romans 8:1 NLT So now there is no condemnation for those who belong to Christ Jesus.

All you need is to boldly to the throne of grace with a repenting heart and believe that the blood of Jesus make you righteous ( not your works). Christ now exist as the church and God will lead you to someone who won’t judge you and you would offload to be healed. Let God heal you and get back to the game, you are missing a lot and the body of Christ needs you!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address: