WHAT MEN DONT TALK ABOUT

God gave me this message to share with a group of women and I thought I should extend it to you. The Bible was written by men and I found a very short scripture, the shortest in the Bible which gave me ideas that the man who wrote it did not really wanna talk about it:-

John 11:35 Jesus wept.

This is a reflection of how society hides the fact that men feel pain and cry; even the toughest, intellectuals, richest, who can walk on water, even God cries! Behind every Superman, there is a Clark Kent; behind every Lion of Judah, there is a silent Lamb being slaughtered. I have heard almost every preacher I like advising women “if a man loves you, he would do xyz” but to me that is just worldly wisdom; I teach women to be helpers of wounded men.

Recently I met a man of God doing all sorts of great works with a facade& having a fiancĂ© who bragged about all the things he did to show love. The Lord opened my eyes to see his brokenness & the secret source from his past; I warned the woman to be careful and “possibilities”of what could be going on and what the results may be. It happened exactly as the Lord said and he confessed the exact thing the Lord showed me. I have been friends with tough & feared criminals who always shared what men don’t want to talk about. So ladies, you can choose to hear the Truth or your fantasies fired by human wisdom through ministers and women magazines or experts.

I have heard many preachers ridicule prophet Elijah who called fire from Heaven, split Jordan’s river, called rain to stop drought and raised a widow’s son from death but ran away from a woman (Jezebel) and hidden in cages crying. Jesus was mocked, “If you are the Son of God, save yourself and come down from the cross”= this is our “be a man!” attitude toward dying men whom we have used. I am glad that God never judged Elijah but instead fed and carried him in a chariot of fire to rest.

I don’t condone infidelity but I am never surprised when I hear that Tiger Woods has many women and that a Pastor sleeps with prostitutes while on preaching tour. Leading business men, celebrities, ministers, athletes, fathers; husbands and other gifted men who are anointed by God to serve a special function on the people are usually lonely like Elijah. I was never surprised when Samson found escapism in Delilah because these men are used but they have no one to share their fears and pain, Samson was betrayed by his fiancĂ© and nobody helped him through the pain, just like nobody preach about it; everybody focus on his functions/gifts/abilities and mistakes. I am glad that God doesn’t judge men who have found hibernation in escapism such as alcoholism, drugs, infidelity & stuff; God heals us instead. Unlike you, alcohol hears their cry while you try to take them to your prosperity church and they won’t accept the Jesus who is not a Healer.

Everyone loves Superman but reject Clark Kent. I recently read about Tom Cruise’ divorce where his ex-wife confessed that Tom was her crash hero when she was young and she had his pictures on her wall. But after marrying the guy, she probably met the real Tom who is very different from the super spy who accomplishes impossible missions. Many women wanna marry the rich man ie the function but  not the man. Who or what do you have relationship with? The man or his function?

In 2 Samuel 6: Michal was married to the King (fame , power & status) not the man, David.

2 Samuel 6:16 NLT  But as the Ark of the LORD entered the City of David, Michal, the daughter of Saul, looked down from her window. When she saw King David leaping and dancing before the LORD, she was filled with contempt for him.

2 Samuel 6:20 NLT  When David returned home to bless his own family, Michal, the daughter of Saul, came out to meet him. She said in disgust, "How distinguished the king of Israel looked today, shamelessly exposing himself to the servant girls like any vulgar person might do!"

I have no doubt David was a very lonely man in his marriage and the Lord was His escape route and source of joy. Perhaps that is why he sounded like a cry baby in psalms:-

Psalms 30:11 NLT  You have turned my mourning into joyful dancing. You have taken away my clothes of mourning and clothed me with joy,

I have sensed men who come to church, dance and enjoy themselves because the Lord is the only One who is willing to understand their pain and heal.

Psalms 6:2-3 NLT  Have compassion on me, LORD, for I am weak. Heal me, LORD, for my bones are in agony.  3  I am sick at heart. How long, O LORD, until You restore me?

Psalms 6:6-8 NLT  I am worn out from sobbing. All night I flood my bed with weeping, drenching it with my tears.  7  My vision is blurred by grief; my eyes are worn out because of all my enemies.  8  Go away, all you who do evil, for the LORD has heard my weeping.

My question is: where is Michal if her husband has to flood the bed with tears like this? In fact David seems to be a cry baby who have written more about crying than anything

Psalms 3:4 NLT I cried out to the LORD
5:2 Listen to my cry for help,

17:1  A prayer of David. O LORD, hear my plea for justice. Listen to my cry for help.
18:6   But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I prayed to my God for help.
28:2   Listen to my prayer for mercy as I cry out to You for help…
28:6   Praise the LORD! For He has heard my cry for mercy.
30:2   O LORD my God, I cried to You for help, and You restored my health.
 30:8   I cried out to You, O LORD.
31:22   In panic I cried out, "I am cut off from the LORD!" But You heard my cry for mercy and answered my call for help.
40:1…I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry.
 42:9   "O God my rock," I cry, "Why have You forgotten me? Why must I wander around in grief, oppressed by my enemies?"
 55:1   Listen to my prayer, O God. Do not ignore my cry for help!
 55:17   Morning, noon, and night I cry out in my distress, and the LORD hears my voice.
 61:1   O God, listen to my cry! Hear my prayer!
 61:2   From the ends of the earth, I cry to You for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety,
66:17   For I cried out to Him for help
 94:18   I cried out, "I am slipping!" but Your unfailing love, O LORD, supported me.
86:6   Listen closely to my prayer, O LORD; hear my urgent cry.
102:24   But I cried to Him, "O my God, who lives forever, don't take my life while I am so young!
 116:11   In my anxiety I cried out to You,
  119:146   I cry out to You; rescue me, that I may obey Your laws.
 119:147   I rise early, before the sun is up; I cry out for help and put my hope in Your words.
 119:149   In Your faithful love, O LORD, hear my cry; let me be revived by following Your regulations.
 119:169   Taw O LORD, listen to my cry; give me the discerning mind You promised.
120:1   I took my troubles to the LORD; I cried out to Him, and He answered my prayer.
130:2   Hear my cry, O Lord. Pay attention to my prayer.

 141:1   A psalm of David. O LORD, I am calling to You. Please hurry! Listen when I cry to You for help!
 142:1   A psalm of David, regarding his experience in the cave. A prayer. I cry out to the LORD; I plead for the LORD's mercy.
 142:6   Hear my cry, for I am very low. Rescue me from my persecutors, for they are too strong for me.
 147:9   He gives food to the wild animals and feeds the young ravens when they cry.

And you say men don’t communicate their pain!!! Psalms are nothing but Blues! Even with all these scriptures that I intentionally flooded your head with, yet still you would still turn the blind eye and deaf ear to preach or applaud “David and Goliath”, and “David and Bathsheba”. “A man after God’s own heart” ? Why else would he be after it? If you want a man with no issues, the last place to look is church; Jesus said healthy people don’t need a doctor. I preach only to the wounded and broken as myself!  I bless the Lord who hears men’ s cries when the hypocrites turn away from us. Thank You Jesus!

Jesus was one misunderstood and rejected man. People used Him and gained all He provided in His function, the Messiah but they left Him to die alone as Isaiah wrote:

Isaiah 53:3 NLT  He was despised and rejected--a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief. We turned our backs on Him and looked the other way. He was despised, and we did not care.

Isaiah 53:7 NLT  He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet He never said a word. He was led like a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, He did not open His mouth.

Verse 7 is a perfect behavior of typical men- we die silently! And obviously women are very oblivious about this because they only read the outside where we are acting “like men” because you told us “a real man, he provides, loves his woman, takes care of kids…”. But I am telling you the Truth, a real man cries! He is crying right now to God:-

Matthew 26:39 NLT  … "My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from Me..."

1 Kings 19:3-4 NLT  Elijah was afraid and fled for his life...  4  Then he went on alone into the wilderness, traveling all day. He sat down under a solitary broom tree and prayed that he might die. "I have had enough, LORD," he said. "Take my life, for I am no better than my ancestors who have already died."

When Jesus needed His friends most, they were sleeping and some denied Him while others sold Him. Which one are you to the men in your life? Are you gonna take what culture say (men don’t cry), men’ s appearance or the Truth? I had a pastor say “I pay all the bills, buy my wife everything and she can use her salary as she wishes” of course if his wife is foolish, she thinks and tells the world “my husband loves me” but I discerned that he had a serious pain from the past woman which he confessed to me later. Ladies, are you gonna do what the world does or be spiritual women and do the only law Christ gave us:-

Galatians 6:2 NLT  Share each other' s burdens, and in this way obey the law of Christ.

It’s all up to you!
 P.S. I intentionally excluded the experiences that men shared with me and want you to be convicted by the Word.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Enter your email address: